Japan visitor visa
Want to enjoy Japanese traditional arts and culinary? If yes, then you should definitely travel to Japan. For this, you need a tourist visa for traveling to Japan. A tourist visa is a short term visa made for tourism purpose. With the tourist visa you can perform sightseeing activities, can participate in short term courses, meet friends and relatives and attend business meetings and conferences. But you cannot undertake any kind of paid activities.
Japan tourist visa is valid only for 90 days. But a visitor can stay only up to 15 days in Japan under single entry regulation. You should always apply for a tourist visa to Japan before 3 weeks of your trip. This provides you enough time for visa processing. You can apply for a tourist visa at Japan embassy or a consulate. Usually, your visa application is processed in a minimum of 4 working days. Although the time may get extended.
Eligibility for Japan visitor visa
For being eligible to have Japan tourist visa you need to satisfy certain conditions. For the successful issue of Japan visitor visa you need to adhere to following certain conditions:
- Your passport should be valid. This is the most important condition to be fulfilled.
- The passport should contain at least two blank pages.
- You should always contain the copy of the complete visa application form of the tourist visa.
- You need to provide confirm proof of your stay in Japan, copy of your tickets and details of the entire itinerary of your stay in Japan.
- You must give a copy of your return tickets.
- You need to provide proof of your financial soundness. You should be able to fund your trip and expenses.
- You should always hold a copy of your bank statement depicting transactions of the last 6 months.
- You should always have a copy of your birth certificate.
- You should always hold a copy of the marriage certificate if you are married.
Tourist visa renewal
Yes, the tourist visa for Japan is extendable. You can renew your visa for an extended stay in Japan. For this purpose, you need to submit an application to the immigration office. You will be required to pay extra fees for this renewal.
Japan has allowed persons of varies countries to have visa-free entry to Japan. They do not have to apply for a visa for their visit to Japan. The duration of their stay is 90 days only.
These countries are Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Barbados, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Surinam, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States and Uruguay.