Canada visitor visa
Want to taste the famous Canadian maple syrup? If yes, then straight away apply for a tourist visa for Canada. This visa is a temporary immigration option which allows you to enter Canada for tourism purpose. It is also known by the name Canadian temporary resident visa (TVR). You can acquire Canada visitor visa for up to 6 months of duration.
You could either get a single entry visitor visa or multiple entry visitor visas. Both kinds of a visitor visa are issued for a fixed duration and cannot be renewed. With a single entry Canada visitor visa you can enter Canada only once. If you leave the country then you cannot enter it again with the same visa. You have to request for a new visa. This is applicable with one exception. If you have a single entry visitor visa and you are leaving the country to visit the USA or St. Pierre and Miquelon then you need not take a new visitor visa to enter Canada again. You can enter with your previous visitor visa.
With a multiple entry tourist visa, you can leave Canada and enter again without a new tourist visa. This is allowed only for 6 months at a time. Tourist visa with multiple entries is valid up to 10 years or 1 month before the expiry of visitor’s passport. Whichever happens, first decides visa’s validity. The exact duration is fixed by the border services officer at the port of entry. You may be provided with a visitor’s record which specifies the date by which you need to leave the country.
Eligibility for Canada tourist visa
Immigration authorities need to be proved the following things to analyze your eligibility for Canada tourist visa. If all the followings things are approved for you by the immigration authorities then only you will be issued tourist visa for Canada:
- First and foremost thing is that your passport should be valid.
- Next important thing is that you should be in good health condition. Persons with good health status are more likely to get a tourist visa.
- You have enough funds to bear your expenses and stay in Canada.
- You have to make immigration authorities sure about your return to your homeland.
- You need to convince the immigration authorities that your visit is temporary and only for travel purpose.
- You need to make them sure that you will return as soon as your visa expires or after your visit ends.
- You must convince them that with a tourist visa you will not engage yourself in any kind of work or business in Canada.
- Immigration authorities will make sure that you do not have any criminal records and you will pose no security threats to the country.
- You may have to undergo some medical examinations to make them sure about your medical conditions.
If you fulfill all the above conditions then you will be considered eligible for a tourist visa for Canada.
People whose entry is restricted
Some kinds of persons are not eligible for applying for a tourist visa to Canada. Thus they are not permitted to enter the country. These persons are:
- If you are involved in any kind of criminal activity then you are not allowed to enter Canada.
- If you have violated any kind of human rights then you are not allowed.
- You may not be allowed to enter Canada if you fail to meet the health and the financial requirements needed by the law.
Requirements for Canada tourist visa
There are certain documents that you need to provide for the successful issue of a tourist visa. If any of the following documents are missing, your application may get rejected:
- Your original passport.
- A properly filled and signed Canada tourist visa application form. You can fill the form either online or in the paper.
- 2 passport sizes photograph. The photograph should have a white background with matt or semi-matt finish. Applicant’s name and date of birth should be written at the back.
- Bank statement which reflects the last 6 month’s transactions of the applicant along with the credit card copy.
- Employment proof of the applicant.
Under the Canada tourist visa waiver program, citizens of some countries are allowed visa-free entry to Canada. So if you are a citizen of any of these countries then you need not apply for a tourist visa for Canada.
These countries are Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Estonia, Germany, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Botswana, Cyprus, Finland, Greece, Australia, Barbados, Brunei, Denmark, France, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Namibia, Norway, Portugal, St. Vincent, Slovakia, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Korea, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Poland, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, San Marino, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Slovenia, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States and Western Samoa.