Meals: No Meal
Upon arrival at Kigali International Airport, you will be met by our local representative and transferred into downtown Kigali for a city tour. Overnight in Rwanda
The history of Rwanda dates back centuries, Kigali has been a part of it for a hundred years. Founded in 1907 as a German settlement, Kigali did not become the capital until Rwanda's independence in 1962 when it replaced the colonial seat of power in Butare. Since then, the city has seen major economic development resulting in what it is today; a vibrant African city of 1 million with wide boulevards, an international airport, world-class hotels and restaurants, crafts & curio shops as well as a lively, cosmopolitan population. Visit the Kandt Museum, tour old Kigali and the Craft centres, visit the genocide memorial site where you learn about Rwanda-s history pre-colonial to 1994 genocide as well as other genocides in the world. Tour more and see the new developments; the recovery has been incredible, a true testament to humankind-s resilience.
After a safari briefing, over a snack at a local restaurant, you drive north through Rwandan countryside to Ruhengeri at the foot of the Virungas and arrive at Mountain Gorilla View Lodge for dinner.
Mountain Gorilla View Lodge offers quality accommodation with panoramic views of the Virungas, barely a km away from the National Park HQs. An oasis of serenity at the base of Sabyinyo volcano, her grounds are beautifully landscaped with natural foliage and startling variety of wild flowers.
All the 25 guest Cottages built in contemporary African design using local materials are en-suite and come equipped with a mini bar, coffee machine and hairdryer. Soft furnishings with modern African prints, motifs and colours as well as original artworks in recycled timber create a relaxing and refreshing ambiance. In the evenings, the Intore, Cultural Dancers troupe spice your stay with memorable dances. MOUNTAIN GORILLA VIEW LODGE (FB)
The Virungas, a branch of the Albertine Rift, are a chain of mostly dormant volcanoes, (except Nyiragongo & Nyamuragira) lying along Rwanda-s northern border with DR Congo and Uganda. Their lower slopes are covered by a montane forest which elevates to Neoboutonia (2400 to 2500m), bamboo forest (2500 to 3200m) and Hagenia-Hypericum on the more humid slopes from 2600 to 3600m in the south and west. From 3500 to 4200m, they are characterized by Lobelia wollastonii, L. lanurensis, and Senecio erici-rosenii while grassland occurs from 4300 to 4500m.
They are home to the rare and critically endangered Mountain Gorilla. Other mammals present include the Golden Monkeys, black-fronted duiker, buffalo, spotted Hyena and bushbuck. The over 170 species of birds recorded include at least 13 species and 16 subspecies endemic to the Virungas and Rwenzori. Situated in northwestern Rwanda and bordering Virunga National Park in DR Congo and Mgahinga, National Park in Uganda, Volcanoes National Park (130 km²) en-compasses 5 of the 8 Virunga volcanoes i.e. Karisimbi, Bisoke, Muhabura, Gahinga and Sabyinyo. Activities include Gorilla tracking, Golden Monkeys tracking, volcano hikes and guided bird watching.
After an early breakfast, drive to the Volcanoes National Park HQs where you will be allocated a Golden Monkeys tracking group. 0700 hrs: Briefing by your trackers then drive to the trail head for the tracking.
The very beautiful Golden Monkey has a golden body, cheeks and tail with contrasting black limbs, crown, and tail-end. Sharing the Virungas with their big brother the Mountain Gorilla, they face the same threats; snares, human encroachment etc. and are listed on the IUCN Red List of critically endangered species. Little is known about the golden monkey-s behaviour. They live in social groups of up to 30 individuals. Adult monkeys frolic in plain view, feeding on bamboo leaves and leaping from perch to perch while females carry their young, completely oblivious of on-lookers.
Tracking usually takes anything from 2 to 4 hrs. Once you come to the habituated families, you will spend the allowed one hour with them as they go about their daily life. Afterwards, trek back to base and drive to the lodge for a deserved shower then lunch.
In the afternoon, you go on a tour to the nearby ex-poacher's village. Overnight in Kigali An award-winning conservation initiative, former poachers were convinced to renounced their old ways and become conservation activists. Together with their families, they founded this little village where they now participate in eco-tourism showcasing Rwandan culture. Visitors can learn about traditional skills like fire-making, archery, traditional medicine, traditional architecture (totally unique grass thatched huts that were used for the kings), traditional medicine, cultural dances, etc. among other attractions.
You have a second early wake up and return to the Park HQs to be allocated a gorilla tracking group.
Briefing by your trackers then drive to the trail head for the start of your amazing adventure.
Our exhilarating trek starts in the cultivated foothills of the Virungas with stirring views in all directions. Upon entering the national park, trekkers will be immersed in the mysterious intimacy of the rainforest, alive with the colorful bird calls, littered with fresh spoor of the mountains- elusive buffalo and elephant. Through gaps in the canopy, the magnificent Virunga peaks are glimpsed, among the highest in Africa.
Weaving through overhanging vines, moss-covered hagenia trees and giant lobelias that thrive in the tropical climate, our experienced trackers, who have spent their entire lives close to this forest, soon bring us up close with one of the families.
Upon sighting the gorillas, you will stay with them for a magical hour as they go about their daily life, feeding, playing, resting; raising their young. Coming face to face with a giant silverback must truly be one of the greatest wildlife experiences on earth!
After lunch, drive through more Rwandan countryside to Gisenyi on the shores of Lake Kivu. You arrive at Lake Kivu Serena Hotel early evening with time to relax before dinner, on own account, then overnight. Overnight in Gisenyi
Lake Kivu Serena Hotel is ideally located on a sandy beach, in the Rwandan resort town of Gisenyi, on the shores of Lake Kivu, the 6th largest lake in Africa. The nearby Virunga Volcanoes provide a spectacular backdrop on one side complimenting a panoramic view of the lake on the other. Accommodation comprises 66 air-conditioned rooms including 6 luxury suites, 23 family rooms and one room especially equipped for disabled guests. Other facilities include a boardroom, 3 conference rooms, a gym, outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts and a Water Sports Centre. LAKE KIVU SERENA HOTEL (BB)
Together with her 7,000 km2 catchment area, multiple islands and surrounding hills, Lake Kivu is just plain gorgeous. Lying in the Albertine Rift and covering most of Rwanda's western border with DR Congo, Lake Kivu, the largest water body is one of Africa's Great Lakes and the 6th largest in Africa. Further economic importance derives from the lake's estimated 65 billion m3 of dissolved methane gas which is extracted to run boilers at the Bralirwa brewery inGisenyi. 89 kms long by 48 km wide, the lake-s 480m maximum depth makes it the fifteenth deepest in the world! It is also one of the world-s only 3 known exploding lakes; it-s not going to happen today though, so no need to worry. The lake empties into the Rusizi River which flows southwards into Lake Tanganyika.
Morning spent at leisure at Lake Kivu Serena Hotel in Gisenyi.
You have time to relax and enjoy some of the hotels facilities: a gym, outdoor swimming pool, 2 tennis courts and now; a Water Sports Centre: Windsurfing and Kayaking are FoC for hotel guests. Other options (some at extra charge) include: Adventure-cat, boat-riding, swimming in the lake (at own risk), special lunches at Peace Island, hire a boat and visit the local fishing islands; or simply lie on the beach and be mesmerized. etc. In the evenings, visitors can awe at the red glow atop the Nyiragongo volcano across the border in DR Congo. It is still active!
Following lunch, on own account, drive back to Kigali and check in at Kigali Serena Hotel.
Situated in Central Kigali, 10 km from Kigali International Airport, Kigali Serena Hotel accommodation comprises of 148 air conditioned rooms in various categories: Standard, Deluxe, Superior, Prime (7), Junior Suites (18), Executive Suites (6) as well as a Presidential Suite. Other facilities include the elegant Milima Restaurant, the Lounge Bar offering a choice of three purpose designed areas: the bar, the lounge and the terrace, two conference rooms, 3 other meeting rooms, an executive board room, business centre, gymnasium, swimming pool, a Spa and WIFI internet access.
In evening, a farewell dinner will be hosted at one of Kigali-s local restaurants. Overnight in Kigali
Kigali Serena Hotel (BB)
After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport for your departure flight.
END OF OUR SERVICES
For Best Deals Call Us NowUSD. 750
All payments towards the tour cost must be made by the client to the company in accordance with the procedure and time frame mentioned herein below. All payments made within 10 days prior to the tour departure date will have to be paid in cash / Demand Draft. Customer PAN number is mandatory for all transactions. Payments made towards the foreign exchange component of your tour will be calculated as per the ROE (rate of exchange) of that given day.
Payment Procedure Minimum Per Person Payment to be made by the client
At the time of booking
INR 30,000 per person*
( Non Refundable)
Within 15 days prior to departure of the Tour
100% of the total Tour Cost
IMPORTANT NOTES :
Kindly Read Carefully below Important Notes :
1. MEALS :
There will be American or continental breakfast serve at the hotel and ATPL cannot make any changes in the spread served. Lunch/dinner wherever provided on tour is on pre-set menus by the restaurants. The meal type selected by the passenger such as Jain / Veg / Non Veg is subject to availability at restaurants or airlines. If Meals are missed out by passenger due to late or non arrival on given time or mentioned restaurant there will be no refund/compensation for the same.
2. VEHICLES / SEATING ARRANGEMENT: In case of coach breakdown, ATPL will make every efforts to fix the problem but please note there will be no refund or monetary compensation for inconvenience cause or any missed portion of the itinerary, it is advisable not to leave your belongings behind at the time of disembarking/leaving the coach. ATPL will not be responsible or liable in case of loss of such items from the coach. All baggage and valuables or your passport in all circumstances will be responsibility of passenger. On tours, coach or vehicle used for transfer purposes including local sightseeing. There is no specific seat allocation and will be on first cum first serve basis. If Flight / Cruise / Coach Transfers / Sight scene missed out due to weather conditions / traffic jamm / Security Check in or any unavoidable circumstances, ATPL will not be responsible for the same.
3.VISA: Passenger should hold valid travel documents, Passport and visas during tour. It will be the passenger's responsibility to provide complete set of documents for visa required by the embassy/consulate before 1 month from departure date or as advised by the Company. In case of the visa application made by passenger or by the Company on his/her behalf is rejected by the consulate due to inadequate supporting documents or late submission of document or for whatever reason where the visa could not be processed ATPL will not be responsible for the visas & Visa fees and tour booking amount will be non-refundable. Due to any clerical error regarding name, attachment of wrong photograph, duration and type of visa (single/multiple entry) occurring on passport, refusal of visas on arrival or delays in visa procedure ATPL will not liable for any compensation. Passport is required to be courier to different cities for visas, Company would forward them by reputed courier. In case of any transmission delays or loss of passport arising in such transmission Company would not be responsible to compensate the same.
4. AIRLINES : ATPL does not reserve any rights for seat selection in airlines. The internal airline used for package are LCC, no food will be served on board. It allows 20 KG Check in Luggage and 07 KG Cabin Luggage. Additional baggage weight charged will be borne by passenger. In case of any circumstances, if Airlines get delay or cancel its flight or If guest / group miss further connection of flights during their connecting flight for the international sector ATPL will not be responsible due to any reason for the same.
5. HOTELS : If accommodation is not available in the mentioned hotel due to reason beyond our control. ATPL will make best efforts to shift passenger to a similar category hotel. No complaints or claim shall be made by the client in this respect. Also in case of the passenger are upgraded to a higher category room due to non-availability of STANDARD Room ATPL will not be liable to provide the same category room to other Guest.
6. During sight scene the vehicle will go up to permissible point only. From that point any arrangement to be made at extra cost have to be borne by passengers.
7. Check in time is 14:00 Hrs. and Check out time is 12:00 Hrs. and guest have to pay one night additional charge for early heck in or late check out.
8. Tour will be followed by itinerary and timing strictly. ATPL Tour Manager has the rights to change the itinerary on the tours with the concern of Head office due to unavoidable circumstances. Tour itinerary cannot be changed as per the passenger convenience.
9. In case of any Deportation / Arrest / Due to Immigration and Custom Clearance ATPL will not be legally responsible for any claim. There will be no refund for the tour package.
10. Optional sight scene have to be booked in advance paying an additional cost. There will be no refund / no change against the same.
11. Service will be given in exchange of Original Vouchers / itinerary only.
12. Akshar Travels will not be responsible for any kind of services & compensation in case of Death, accident, injury or any loss of baggage. All tourists advised to insure them-self by International Tourist Insurance or Mediclaim for any emergency during foreign Tour.
13. All Tourist are requested to check, watch & confirm Airlines Schedule Departure Time. In case of re-scheduling or cancellation of airlines / flight, if have any query requested to contact concern airlines.
14. There is no refund for any unutilized services.
15. Passengers traveling on international tour must reach the airport at least 3 Hours before the departure time.
16. Please read all the general Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policy before book your tour / package.
17. For Children Travelling Without Parents Under Age Of 18 Years Need To Provide Noc Affidavit On Twenty Rupees Stamp Paper.
18. If a guest who has booked a group tour wishes to deviate from the tour schedule before or after the tour, she/he can do so by paying an additional cost.
19. For Individual Bookings, Guests on an Indian Tour can co-ordinate with the driver of the car/coach. Guests on a World tour can co-ordinate with ground handling agents to plan the next day's visit and sightseeing program. The car/coach has specific time limits within which it operates coach.