Pavitra Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2014 - 12 Nights / 13 Days
Days - 01 - Arrival in Kathmandu
Arival at Kathmandu International Airport or bus park and transfer to Hotel Indreni Himalaya or similar at Kathmandu, clothing inspection and tour breifing -dinner and overnight at Hotel.( twin sharing )
Days - 02 - Kathmandu – Kodari
After breakfast at hotel & morning Pashupathinath Darshan, after the lunch proceed to Kodari,dinner and overnight at Kodari. (Guest house or similar).
Days - 03 - Kodari – Nyalam 3750 m.
Early breakfasts at hotel, drive to border for immigration and custom formalities – we proceed to Zhangmu (border Tibet side ), here we meet our Chinese guide & drivers. Continue drive to Nyalam ( our first overnight in China) , dinner and overnight at Nyalam. (Guest house or similar).
Days - 04 - Nyalam – Day free for acclimatization.
Whole day we are here for the acclimatization, all meals will be provided – overnight at lodge. (Guest house or similar).
Days - 05 - Nyalam – Dongba.
After breakfast we drive to Dongba , en-route you will be passing through Lalungla pass ( 16000ft ) - huge lake Paigu-Tso & Brahmaputra river, Overnight stay at Dongba. (Guest House).
Days - 06 - Dongba - Mansarovar 4558 m.
Today is the day for the lifetime that you are going to have darshan of the Holy “Mt. Kailash & Lake Manasarover” - day’s program as usual, after breakfast at around 8 am , we drive through Mayumu - la pass ( 17000ft ). - the highest point of the driving , lunch on the way , dinner and overnight at Camp Horchu ( tent/mud-house )
Days - 07 - Mansarovar Parikrama - Darchen
Till 2 pm free for pooja and hawan , drive to Darchen via Mansarovar parikrama , overnight at Darchen lodge( 3- 4 pax dormitory accomodation.
Days - 08 - Darchen – Tarboche – Dirapuk ( 4860 m ).
"Tough day” - after breakfast drive to Tarboche (8 kms) and start trek for Kailash parikrama toDiraphuk ( 16,500 ft ) - 12 kms , light lunch on the way, Dinner overnight at Camp (tent/mud-house ).
Days - 09 - Dirapuk – Zuthulpuk ( 4760 m )
Dolma-la pass ( 5200 m ). This is the day every pilgrims talk about, the most difficult journey throughout the yatra - trek up to the 18,600ft. ( Dolma- la Pass) - descend to Gauri kund and further trek along with the river to Zuthulpuk , dinner & overnight at Camp (tent/mud-house ) .
Days - 10 - Zuthulpuk- Prayang
After breakfast we trek around 8 kms, and we will be reaching to the point where the jeeps will be waiting for us - drive to Darchen , after lunch we drive to Prayang- 250 km , overnight at paryang guest house (dormitory basis).
Days - 11 - Prayang - Nyalam.
After breakfast, we drive to Nyalam ( 500 KM) enroute lunch provide, dinner & overnight stay ay Nyalam. ( Guest House or Similar).
Days - 12 - Return to Kathmandu.
After breakfast drive to Zhangmu, after the immigration and custom formalities – cross over to Nepal border , lunch at border guest house and drive to Kathmandu (144 kms). Overnight at Hotel Indreni Himalaya or similar
Days - 13
Transfer to Airport for departure
Document for Kailash Trip: Minimum 6 months valid passport and four copies of passport size photograph.
- Everybody can carry dry foods.
- Easy to buy 1st day Chinese Sim Cards in NYLAM or everywhere available Internationals call service centre.
- Since Kailash & Manasarovar are at very high altitude, one should be appropriately equipped with proper paraphernalia and adequate medical check ups. Since it is a high altitude pilgrimage are requested to consult family physician and get the following tests done.
- E. C. G.v.
- BLOOD PRESSUREv.
- HAEMOGLOBIN TESTv
- BLOOD SUGARv.
- STRESS TESTv
- Arrival and departure transfer by tourist coach
- Three nights accommodation at Kathmandu with all meal
- Kathmandu valley sight seeing including Pashupatinath Darshan
- Kathmandu – Boarder – Kathmandu transfer by Nepali tourist coach
- Boarder – Kailash – Boarder transfer by Deluxe Bus and supporting truck during Kailash trip
- All accommodation at Tibetan Guest house.
- Jacket. Visa and visa approval fees of China
- All entry, travel & road permit fees in Tibet part
- Sherpas, cook and all necessary supporting staffs
- Tibetan guide. Oxygen
- Gamov Bag & medicine kit box.
Risk and Liabilities - Kailash Yatra
We will endeavor to make your journey smooth and as pleasant as possible. However the entire program in Tibet is conducted strictly under the rules and regulations of China Tibet Tourism Bureau. Therefore, Akshar Travels (P) Ltd. & its agents will not be responsible for any changes in the itineraries due to unavoidable circumstance such as Government restriction, land slide, road blockage, flood, snow, and Political unrest, cancellation of flight, delay, Delay due late permit and Visa, sickness or Accident. Any extra cost including there shall be borne by travelers themselves.
Fitness - Mansarovar yatra
This is not a trek or expedition but a tour; therefore no specific level of fitness is required. Anybody can join this Yatra if they think themselves fit and have strong willpower. People suffering from cardiac or respiratory problems should consult to their doctor. Morning and evening walks, jogging, stretching, meditation and regular exercise make the journey comfortable for all.
Food and Beverage
We will serve delicious continental & Indian food; Breakfast and Dinner in Campsite serve by Nepali trained staff. Pack lunch will be provided for daytime. We will serve Mineral Water for drinking purpose in jars; So the memebers have to bring the water bottles.
Clothing and Necessities
As the temperature varies greatly between day and night (from max. 20 degrees Celsius to min. –10 degrees Celsius) and very windy in the evening, one should prepare accordingly.
Bring the following items with you
Woolen gloves, Balaclava, Sun hat, Thermal wear, Water bottle, Woolen socks, Towel, Light Jacket, Sunglasses, Sun cream, Torch with extra batteries/bulbs, Muffler, Mask, Raincoat, Sweater, Shirt/T-shirt & Trekking shoes.
Insurance for Kailash Tour
Full travel, insurance coverage for medicine, Helicopter evacuation if incase of emergency, lost of belongs, and trip cancellation is strongly recommended.
- Down Jackets / Towel / Washing Kit - 1/1
- Warm Thick Pullover - 1
- Pants-4/ Monkey Cap and Sun Heat.
- Cotton Full Sleev T-Shirt - 4
- Thermal Underpaints/Long - 2
- Thermal Vest/Warm Full T-Shirt - 2/2
- Trekking Shoes/Light Tennis Shoes and Light Rubber Sandal - 1/1
- Warm Woolen Shocks - 5
- Warm Gloves - 1
- Large Cotton or Silk Scarf - 1 Accessories
- Personal First Aid Kit ( 20 Tablets Diamox Compulsory)
- Flass Light With Extra Batteries
- Sun Glass/Sun Hat
- Water Bottle (2Ltr. Capacity)
- Note Book/Pen/Pencil
- Pocket Knife/Sewing Kit/Botton/Cigarette Lighter/Dust Masks
- Strong Sun Cream/Cheapstick/MoistUrizer Cream
DEPARTURE DATES FOR KAILASH MANSAROVAR YATRA-2014:
KMY-VOLVO BUS DATES
||FULL MOON DATE
||7, 9*, 17, 24, 31
||5, 8*, 14, 21, 28
||4, 7*, 12, 19, 26
||2, 5*, 13, 20, 27
||1, 4*, 13
KMY- JEEP DATES
||FULL MOON DATE
||5, 9*, 14, 21, 28
||1, 8*, 18, 25
||7*, 9, 16, 23, 30
||5*, 9, 16, 23, 30
||4, 7, 10*, 14, 17, 20, 23, 27, 31
||3, 7, 9*, 15, 18, 24, 26, 30
||5*, 8, 12
Note: ( * departure dates for full moon at Kailash & Mansarovar )